- The annual Christian festival celebrating Christ’s birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” is a song by Darlene Love from the 1963 Christmas compilation album, A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector.
- period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
- The period immediately before and after December 25
- a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
- Philippines came the jade vine (Strongylodon macrobotrys), from Tahiti came plumeria (Plumeria species), and from Mexico came Bougainvillea (Bougainvillea species)—and all of these blossoms were fashioned into beautiful lei.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Rapid City, South Dakota NWS Office
- Mention or refer to (someone or something) to provide evidence or authority for a statement, argument, or opinion
- (quote) repeat a passage from; “He quoted the Bible to her”
- (quote) quotation mark: a punctuation mark used to attribute the enclosed text to someone else
- Repeat or copy out (a group of words from a text or speech), typically with an indication that one is not the original author or speaker
- Repeat a passage from (a work or author) or statement by (someone)
- (quote) name the price of; “quote prices for cars”
- The Jewish scriptures, consisting of the Torah or Law, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa or Writings
- A copy of the Christian or Jewish scriptures
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions; “he went to carry the Word to the heathen”
- a book regarded as authoritative in its field
- The Christian scriptures, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments
- (biblical) of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible; “biblical names”; “biblical Hebrew”
christmas quotes from the bible – Vinyl Wall
the reason for the season
I’m a religious person, but I don’t consider myself a religion freak. I can’t quote the bible and I don’t believe it’s my duty to save everyone else, however I do have a strong belief in God and a great gratitude for the sacrifice that Jesus did for us.
My mom was a Catholic and she would bring my brother and I to church every Sunday (my dad is agnostic, so he stayed home). A lot of religious people say that church is the best way to start your week, but from my perspective, I felt it was a way to make yourself feel bad. The overall message sent through a Catholic mass is that you’re a sinner and you should pray for forgiveness so you don’t go to Hell. Though that may be true, even as a kid I felt that was a very negative way to look at things. I’ve always looked at God as being a bit more compassionate than that and He loves me for being His creation, not threatening me for having my flaws.
So when I moved out of my parents’ house, I stopped going to church, but I still carry around my beliefs and faith in my creator, and I’ve never lost sight of exactly why Christmas is such an important holiday. Happy birthday to Christ!
Advent Sunday ….. (350/365)
Whilst we haven’t put our Christmas Decorations up in the house as yet, we have lit our Christmas Candle in the Dining Room.
Unlike our standard candle, each candle of Advent has a special meaning.
The first candle is purple and is the Candle of Hope.
We can have hope because God is faithful and will keep the promises He made to us. Our hope comes from God. (Romans 15:12-13)
christmas quotes from the bible